perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Kee Hinckley <naz...@somewhere.com>
Subject Re: 64 bit integers
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 15:14:41 GMT
At 10:27 PM -0400 10/9/02, Joshua Spoerri wrote:
>When i try to use a 64 bit integer, dbix insists on treating it in
>numerical context, and changes it to floating point (because perl doesn't
>support 64 bit integers, even though mysql does). Is there a known fix for
>this? (I'm using DBIx-Recordset-0.24.) Please cc me, since I'm not
>subscribed.

I haven't hit that problem in the instance where we are using them,
but we're zero-filling the fields, which might be the difference.
I'd be interested in what you find out though, since we're using them
for ids, and I'm concerned about what's going to happen when they do
exceed 32bit limits.
--

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere.Com, LLC
http://consulting.somewhere.com/