perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Kee Hinckley <naz...@somewhere.com>
Subject Quick udat clarification
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2002 18:44:51 GMT
The docs say that so long as you don't touch udat, a session won't be
created.  Then they are more specific and say so long as you don't
*write* to udat one won't be created.  I just want to make sure that
reading udat doesn't cause a cookie to be created (or hit the
database).  I think that's the case, but I just wanted to double
check.  Otherwise I can do what I do when I want to write to udat
only if it already exists:
     $session = tied %$udat;
     return undef if (!$session);                # I don't think this happens
     $sessid = $session->getid();
     return undef if (!$sessid);                 # Won't create a session id

I'm trying to make sure that my site doesn't gratuitously create
cookies until there's actually something that the user wants us to
remember.

--

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere.Com, LLC
http://consulting.somewhere.com/