perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Gary Nielson <g...@garynielson.com>
Subject Re: Getting embperl to work with mod_perl
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 01:16:05 GMT
Hi, there:

I have tried this again unsuccessfully. Let me elaborate. I built apache
with mod_perl with Apachetoolbox. I am trying to build embperl 1.3.4 with
an already-installed mod_perl. I followed the INSTALL.pod instructions and
first gave the path to httpd.h (/usr/local/apache/include, then the path
to the executable at /usr/local/apache/bin.

I made sure the embperl test/ dir was chmod 777 user and group both
nobody.

When testing mod_perl mode, this is what happens:

Starting httpd...       pid = 12867  ok

Testing mod_perl mode...

#0 ascii...

[-1][Sun Oct 13 21:07:13 2002] [notice] Digest: done

Input:          test/html/ascii
Output:         test/tmp/out.htm
Log:            test/tmp/test.log

 ERRORS detected! NOT all test have been passed successfully

make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 1

I noticed that the pid being used to start httpd isn't to be the
pid that is actually running httpd.

 2338 ?        S      0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd
 2512 ?        S      0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd
 2513 ?        S      0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd
 2514 ?        S      0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd
 2515 ?        S      0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd
 2516 ?        S      0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd
 2595 ?        S      0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd
11765 ?        S      0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd

Do I need to kill the apache process first? Where is make test getting the
pid number for httpd?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
Gary

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Gerald Richter wrote:

> > Finally, are there older versions of Embperl I can still get hands on,
> > such as 1.3.4? I want to run ewok, which I downloaded from freshmeat, and
> > they say they run under 1.3.4 with mod_perl.
> >

> It's on cpan, you just have to request that version or goto search.cpan.org.
>
> You can also download it from ftp://ftp.dev.ecos.de/pub/perl/embperl/
>

> > Starting httpd...       pid = 12773  ok
> >
> > Testing mod_perl mode...
> >
> > #0 ascii...                   ERR:Forbidden
>

> Mostly this means that the test/ directory (and it's subdeirectory) are not
> readable by the user (usualy nobody) which Apache runs as. Make sure test
> (and the parent and sub-directorys) are readable by nobody
>
> Gerald

> Gerald Richter    ecos electronic communication services gmbh
> Internetconnect * Webserver/-design/-datenbanken * Consulting
>
> Post:       Tulpenstrasse 5         D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
> E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de         Voice:    +49 6133 925131
> WWW:        http://www.ecos.de      Fax:      +49 6133 925152

Gary Nielson
National Producer - Knight Ridder Digital
http://www.knightridderdigital.com/
Phone: 704-359-5779
Yahoo ID: garynielson