perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Patrick Tully" <ptu...@avatartechnology.com>
Subject udat and embpcgi
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 14:23:56 GMT
Hi,
I'm having a problem with udat running under cgi mode.  It doesn't seem to
be keeping session data.  Do i need mod_perl installed in order for it to
work?  I have the following installed on a linux/Apache box:

Embperl-2.0b8
Apache-Session-1.54
Apache-SessionX-2.00b3

Embperl found both Apache::Session and Apache::SessionX when i ran the
Makefile.PL and installed successfully.  I also have the following defined
in my embpcgi.pl file:

BEGIN
    {
        push(@INC, q(/home/alienated/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1));
        push(@INC,
q(/home/alienated/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Apache/SessionX/Generate))
;
# This line above apparently fixed a problem with SessionX, which seemed to
complain about undefined MD5 function on any page where i called udat

        push(@INC,
q(/home/alienated/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux));
        $ENV{EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES} = "FileStore NullLocker";
        $ENV{EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS} =
            "Directory=/home/alienated/cgi-bin/tmp";

        %Embperl::initparam = (use_env => 1, use_redirect_env => 1) ;
    }

(and i created the 'Directory' w/ permissions 777 - not sure if i need to?)
The test i'm running is as follows:

$udat{'count'}++;
print OUT $udat{'count'};

#(always prints 1)

Please let me know what i'm doing wrong or if its not possible to run under
my setup.  Thanks,

-Patrick-