perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Angus Lees <...@inodes.org>
Subject debian package news (was: make test error)
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 12:27:03 GMT
At Tue, 1 Oct 2002 12:26:20 +0200, Andre Landwehr wrote:
> As I understood Angus (the package maintainer) might have a look
> at perl 5.8 issues while Gerald is too busy, so we might soon
> have an official 2.0b8 package available.

i've done 1.3.4 and 2.0b8 packages, except for the not working with
5.8 issue.  i should just compile them against 5.6.1 (woody) and make
them available i guess - i'll try and do that this weekend.

> Btw: I built SessionX and Embperl 2.0b8 packages for myself, you
> can grab them at http://lug-owl.de/~andrel/ if you're interested..

i uploaded libapache-sessionx-perl on the weekend, and it should be on
your nearest debian unstable archive by now.  It has a fairly
extensive debconf setup, i'd be interested in people's opinions (and
bug reports).

a new libdbix-recordset-perl went up a few days ago too. this fixes a
few more bugs (s/$self->savecroak/$self->{'*Recordset'}->savecroak/ in
a few places).  Gerald (and others), you probably just want to grab
 ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libd/libdbix-recordset-perl/libdbix-recordset-perl_0.24-4.diff.gz
and cut out the Recordset.pm patch. the debian/changelog file (also in
that .diff.gz) should detail the changes against standard 0.24.

--
 - Gus