perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Andre Landwehr <andre.landw...@gmx.net>
Subject $PreserveCase in Recordset
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 12:49:06 GMT
Hi,
Mysql on Unix systems uses the filename of the file where a table
is saved as name for the table and is therefore case sensitive.
Unfortunately I can't change the table names as other
applications use them as well, so I have to do it on the
application side. I have
DBIx::Database -> new ({'!DataSource'   => 'DBI:mysql:Memphis',
                        '!Username'     => 'root',
                        '!Password'     => 'escher',
                        '!KeepOpen'     => 1,
                        '!SaveAs'       => 'memphis',
                        '$PreserveCase' => 1,
                        '!DBIAttr'      => {PrintError => 0,
                                            RaiseError => 1,
                                            AutoCommit => 1},
                       }) || throw $DBI::errstr;

But the $PreserveCase doesn't seem to work (at least on table
names). Is that my fault or a Recordset problem?
Are there other workarounds?
As a last resort, would symlinking the tables to new names
endanger the consistency of the db? Anyone tried that?

Andre

--
"The inside of a computer is as dumb as hell, but it goes like mad!"
(Physicist Richard Feynman)