perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: $PreserveCase in Recordset
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:48:04 GMT
>DBIx::Database -> new ({'!DataSource'   => 'DBI:mysql:Memphis',
>                        '!Username'     => 'root',
>                        '!Password'     => 'escher',
>                        '!KeepOpen'     => 1,
>                        '!SaveAs'       => 'memphis',
>                        '$PreserveCase' => 1,
>                        '!DBIAttr'      => {PrintError => 0,
>                                            RaiseError => 1,
>                                            AutoCommit => 1},
>                       }) || throw $DBI::errstr;

$PreserveCase is a global and not a parameter, write

$DBIx::Recordset::PreserveCase = 1 ;

before your call to new. Unfortunately this will affect all the calls to
DBIx::Recordset, also to other databases

>As a last resort, would symlinking the tables to new names
>endanger the consistency of the db? Anyone tried that?

I don't know for sure, but I would expect that you get database inconsitency
if you do that

Gerald