perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: Getting embperl to work with mod_perl
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2002 14:42:10 GMT

> Finally, are there older versions of Embperl I can still get hands on,
> such as 1.3.4? I want to run ewok, which I downloaded from freshmeat, and
> they say they run under 1.3.4 with mod_perl.

It's on cpan, you just have to request that version or goto search.cpan.org.

You can also download it from ftp://ftp.dev.ecos.de/pub/perl/embperl/

> Starting httpd...       pid = 12773  ok
>
> Testing mod_perl mode...
>
> #0 ascii...                   ERR:Forbidden

Mostly this means that the test/ directory (and it's subdeirectory) are not
readable by the user (usualy nobody) which Apache runs as. Make sure test
(and the parent and sub-directorys) are readable by nobody

Gerald