perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: [- Execute ('*') - ].
Date Sat, 05 Oct 2002 21:08:40 GMT
Hi,

> Thank you very much for the explanation of why [- Execute ('*') - ] isn't
> working for my application. I did not realize that the "walking the tree"
> concept didn't apply to files with a full path, so now I understand.
> However, for a template type system like Embperl, I guess I don't
understand
> the logic of why Embperl won't walk the tree for  href files. If I'm
putting
> together a large web site, I'm going to have lots of href links. If I want
> the file served from the "content directory", I'll put the file there.
> Otherwise, I'd let Embperl find it in a parent directory.

Yes I see that this could be usefull sometimes. I will add an option in the
next release, so you can tell Embperl that it will behave the way you need
it. Unless the next beta is release just use your zero filesize aproach.

> However, I can't seem to get the app.pl file to work. I'm a relative
newbie,
> so perhaps you would be so kind as to look at my httpd.conf file (appended
> below) and let me know what I'm doing wrong.

I would move all the EMBPERL_* directives out of the <VirtualHost *>
section. I am not sure if this changes anything, but it's worth a try...

> I'm not sure what directory the app.pl file goes in. I've tried the
"parent"
> directory, /htdocs, the "content" directory /mybookprices, and even
cgi.bin.

It is searched in the same way as all other files. The best is to put it in
the same directory as your base.epl file

Gerald