perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <>
Subject Re: Erasing the output
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2002 04:55:10 GMT
> Embperl 1.3.4.
> I have a situation where I discover half way through a file that I
> want to abort the current page and display something else entirely.
> I'm not displaying pages until the everything has run, so things are
> clearly cached somewhere.

>Is there away to delete the cache?

Not from Perl

>From C there are three functions (in 1.3.4) oBegin, oCommit and oRollback,
which do what you want to do. Would be necessary to make them access able
from Perl.

> On a rather related subject.  A while ago we discussed exception
> handling.  Has anyone thought of a way of doing that in a page?
> [! try { !]
> does not appear to work (and there is the issue of dealing with the
> output problem mentioned above even if it did).

Not tried it, but

[* try { *]

should work, also the output is not discarded in case of an exception.

> I'd love to see the Error package builtin as [$ $] keywords.

Some way of exception handling would be nice, that's true. I put it on the
todo list

E-Mail:         Voice:    +49 6133 925131
WWW:      Fax:      +49 6133 925152

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message