perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: Generating images on-the-fly (newbie question) / embperl object
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:59:34 GMT

> As it sits, my seperate .cgi is working... but I can't handle errors
> nicely, other then calling HTML::Embperl::Execute('error.html').
> However, when I do that then all the EmbperlObject stuff gets ignored.
> See the problem?  As soon as you set up another file extension using
> standard Embperl, then you can't switch back, other then using the
> Location: header to redirect.

In this case you really need to do something like Andrew described, or put
at the top of your base.epl

[$if $fdat{image} $][- Execute('*') ; exit ; -][$endif$]

make sure to have no spaces outside of the braces before the exit. Of course
you can use another condition to determinate if it is an image

Gerald