perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: udat and embpcgi
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:57:32 GMT
Hi,
>         $ENV{EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES} = "FileStore NullLocker";

Should be

$ENV{EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES} = "File Null";

(The FileStore and NullLocker was from Apache::Sesion 0.17 and doesn't works
anymore)

>         $ENV{EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS} =
>             "Directory=/home/alienated/cgi-bin/tmp";

You should create the tmp directory outside of a directory that is
accessable through the webserver (this is a security problem and a problem
that will not work)

>         %Embperl::initparam = (use_env => 1, use_redirect_env => 1) ;
>     }
>
> (and i created the 'Directory' w/ permissions 777 - not sure if i need
to?)

Yes you need to

> The test i'm running is as follows:
>
> $udat{'count'}++;
> print OUT $udat{'count'};
>
> #(always prints 1)
>
> Please let me know what i'm doing wrong or if its not possible to run
under
> my setup.  Thanks,

Yes, it works with CGI.

Gerald