perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Kee Hinckley <naz...@somewhere.com>
Subject Urgent DBIx::Recordset question
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 02:47:06 GMT
On occasion on some of my database driven sites I get a query result
which is both there and not there.  Which is to say that
DBIx::Recordset returns the correct number of records, and the static
text associated with each record is returned, but the actual content
of the record is completely empty.  So you end up with a page of (for
instance) 8 rows, but no data in them.  Very odd.

Could this be caused by not preloading Apache::DBI.  And if not, what
*could* cause it.  Clearly DBIx::Recordset knows correctly how many
records there are, but where did the data go.

I should add that after a reload or two, the problem almost always goes away.
--

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere.Com, LLC
http://consulting.somewhere.com/

everyone else's.