perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Kee Hinckley <>
Subject Building ssl/mod_perl/apache...
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 00:27:54 GMT
I've gone over the docs, but for some reason I've just never found
anything that  just builds mod_ssl, mod_perl and apache all cleanly
without overwriting each other's config file changes.  Maybe it's
staring me in the face, but I'm at a loss.

So finally I wrote a script.  Used it on one of my machines and it
worked like a charm.  Tweaked it for the layout on a new machine

I'm getting segfaults on mod_perl.  Everything else works just fine.
In fact, if all I do is copy my old 1.25 (perl 5.6.0) into
the libexec directory, everything works fine with the new software.
But if I try to move to the new one I've built with this script (perl
5.6.1 and mod_perl 1.27) I get segfaults as soon as any embperl sites
load.  I don't think it's an embperl specific problem, I think it's
mod_perl, but if anyone has a suggestion on how to prove that, let me

Here's the script I'm using.  Dinner for two for whoever figures this
one out for me.

for dir in $openssl $apache $mod_ssl $mod_perl
     if [ ! -d "$dir" ]; then
         echo "$dir doesn't exist."
         exit 3

cd $openssl
cd ..

cd $mod_ssl
SSL_BASE=../$openssl \
         ./configure --with-apache=../$apache --prefix=/usr/local/apache
cd ..

cd $mod_perl
perl Makefile.PL \
         APACHE_SRC=../$apache \
         DO_HTTPD=1 \
         USE_APACI=1 \
         PREP_HTTPD=1 \
cd ..

cd $apache
SSL_BASE=../$openssl ./configure \
         --enable-module=most \
         --enable-shared=max \
         --enable-module=ssl \
         --enable-module=auth_db \
         --activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a \
         --enable-shared=perl \
cd ..

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere.Com, LLC

everyone else's.