perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Angus Lees <...@inodes.org>
Subject Re: Urgent DBIx::Recordset question
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2002 22:10:48 GMT
At Sun, 15 Sep 2002 22:47:06 -0400, Kee Hinckley wrote:
> On occasion on some of my database driven sites I get a query result
> which is both there and not there.  Which is to say that
> DBIx::Recordset returns the correct number of records, and the static
> text associated with each record is returned, but the actual content
> of the record is completely empty.  So you end up with a page of (for
> instance) 8 rows, but no data in them.  Very odd.
>
> Could this be caused by not preloading Apache::DBI.  And if not, what
> *could* cause it.  Clearly DBIx::Recordset knows correctly how many
> records there are, but where did the data go.
>
> I should add that after a reload or two, the problem almost always goes away.

weird. i can't think of a reason why that would happen. we'd probably
need a debug log of at least dbgEval and !Debug=3 to find out whats
happening.

I couldn't see how Apache::DBI would change things, since it simply
redefines DBI->connect and DBI->disconnect. afaik it doesn't affect
things during the fetch loop.

you haven't set $DBIx::Recordset::FetchsizeWarn=0, have you?

--
 - Gus