perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Angus Lees <...@inodes.org>
Subject Re: Session support
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2002 22:51:12 GMT
At Tue, 24 Sep 2002 07:44:29 GMT, Kaare Rasmussen wrote:
> I'm trying to set up session support for Embperl.
> I'd like to use Postgres, so my application can scale better. But it seems
> that it uses semaphores for locking, and that the semaphores is placed on
> Apache's side. Wouldn't this prevent me from using two or more Apache
> servers from runing the same application with one database server?

yes it would, if you were using something other than postgres for
storage.

you should use the "Null" locker for postgres, since the postgres
store does its own locking (using postgres transactions).

> But my current question is that I get a strange error. After fighting off
> semaphore and other problems, I'm stuck with this:
>
> [2811]ERR: 24: Error in Perl code: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:
> Unterminated quoted string at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Apache/Session/Store/DBI.pm line 42.
> Line 42 in DBI.pm is an execute of an insert into the sessions table. Can
> anyone help me or offer any hints?

set the DBI_TRACE environment variable to /tmp/dbi.log (or something),
then start apache.  all DBI calls should now log several lines to that
log file.

in there somewhere will be the actual SQL statement being used, which
should give some clues as to whats going wrong.

--
 - Gus