perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Andre Landwehr <andre.landw...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [ -Execute ( ' * ' ) -] Doesn't Work!
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2002 20:16:10 GMT
On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 12:56:24PM -0700, Powers, Dean wrote:
> I think the problem is related to the "path" that Embperl sets when it
> "walks" up the directory path to base.epl
> (...)
> It seems that the problem is that "base.epl" is in the directory ABOVE the
> DocumentRoot. I've tried [- Execute (../*)  to get the file from the next
> directory UP but that doesn't work either. :)

I think what you run into is not a problem of Embperl here but
one of Apache: You try to request a file that is not inside the
DocumentRoot and Apache prevents you from doing that (imagine it
wouldn't, would be nice to request sth. like ../../../etc/passwd
from big companies servers then *grin*)
You can however access files outside the DocumentRoot from
the server side, aka via an explicit Execute('content.html') or
via configuration directives like that for base.epl or the
fallback document.
I suggest you shrink your DocumentRoot to
/usr/local/apache/htdocs and do a redirection to your
mybookprices directory via http_headers_out, or you copy (or
symlink, as for that) content.html into the DocumentRoot

Andre

--
"The inside of a computer is as dumb as hell, but it goes like mad!"
(Physicist Richard Feynman)