perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Kaare Rasmussen <...@kakidata.dk>
Subject Re: Session support
Date Sat, 28 Sep 2002 10:32:37 GMT
> note that the latest version or two of DBD::Pg actually reports
> correct SQL types to DBI (which is probably why my DBIx::Recordset
> tests are failing now) and correctly escapes the binary BYTEA type.

OK, so I will try a bytea column with Storable. I don't think there will be a
big performance win, but I'd like to know that the installation is optimal.

But another thing re sessions. I'm thinking about adding an "updated" column
and a trigger or something to be able to clean out old unused sessions.

Or does Apache::Session(X) magically keep track of them?

Howitzvej 75               Åben 12.00-18.00        Email: kar@kakidata.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        Lørdag 12.00-16.00       Web:      www.suse.dk