perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Lincoln Turner <tur...@optics.ph.unimelb.EDU.AU>
Subject Re: print STDOUT "something" and $optRedirectStdout=1 fails on 2.0b8
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:21:15 GMT
>optRedirectStdout is not support in 2.0b8.

OK... I was warned it was undocumented!!

>> despite what I understand to be aliasing code in
>> Embperl::Out. Further, if I fully qualify the filehandle I still get:
>>
>> print() on unopened filehandle Embperl::OUT
>
>In your module do a
>
>tie *OUT, 'Embperl::Out' ;

Thanks Gerard... who ever said open source didn't have support!?
Just thought I'd add for the record that this will die at startup with
'unresolved TIEHANDLE' type whinges unless you explicitly do a 'use
Embperl;' somewehere in your startup. A 'perlmodule Embperl' in
apache's httpd.conf doesn't seem to be enough. Took me a while to
guess this, so thought I'd post it to the list.

Lincoln

School of Physics, University of Melbourne; on sabbatical at
Physics Department / n-laag G1.02    Work: (31 40) 247 4793
Technische Universiteit / Eindhoven  Fax:  (31 40) 245 6050
PO Box 513, 5600MB Eindhoven         Mobl: +31 625 575746
The Netherlands