perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Jarrod Stenberg <slo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Apache::Session::Lock::File
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 23:49:14 GMT
I have written the author of Apache::Session about
this problem, but was ignored.  There is a bug in the
Lock::File module:

136c136
<             if ((stat($dir.'/'.$file))[8] - $now >=
$time) {
---
>             if ($now - (stat($dir.'/'.$file))[8] >=
$time) {

He has the equation transposed.  The latter is
correct.

This problem causes this utility to fail:
/perl -e 'use Apache::Session::Lock::File; my $l = new
pache::Session::Lock::File;$l->clean("/usr/apache/locks",
3600)'

This is something you should run if you use file
locking for sessions, especially if you have a busy
site.

FreeBSD users note that there is now a way to improve
performance on directories with a lot of files in them
(such as a lock directory):
options         UFS_DIRHASH             #Improve
performance on big directories

This is now included in the GENERIC kernel (4.6.2).

-Jarrod