perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Nate Smith <n...@thebackrow.net>
Subject Re: EmbperlObject OBJECT_BASE question..
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 18:39:48 GMT

To clarify, other pages send a header with Content Type
text/html; the .pup pages I'm describing are sent with
type text/plain.

Nate

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 02:10:38PM -0400, Nate Smith wrote:

> Hi,
>   I saw your post :
>
>   http://www.ecos.de/~mailarc/embperl/2001-07/msg00024.html
>
>   where you suggested a fix for someone wanting a different OBJECT_BASE
>   depending on the requested file's extension.  I am trying to solve the
>   same problem, without any luck.
>
>   My setup is as follows:
>
> <Directory "/">
>         <FilesMatch ".*\.html$">
>                 PerlSetVar Allow yes
> 		SetHandler perl-script
>                 PerlHandler HTML::EmbperlObject
>                 PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE template.epl
>                 PerlSetEnv PATH " "
>                 Options ExecCGI
>         </FilesMatch>
>         <FilesMatch ".*\.pup$">
>                 PerlSetVar Allow yes
> 		SetHandler perl-script
>                 PerlHandler HTML::EmbperlObject
>                 PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE ptemplate.epl
>                 PerlSetEnv PATH " "
>                 Options ExecCGI
>         </FilesMatch>
> 	<FilesMatch ".*\.epl$">
> 		PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_ESCMODE 0
> 		PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OPTIONS 16
> 		Order allow,deny
> 		Allow From all
> 	</FilesMatch>
> </Directory>
>
> using apache 1.3.22
>     + mod_perl 1.25
>     + Embperl 1.3.4
>
>     The 'pup' extension is for 'popup', i just wanted it
>     to be distinct. I made my ptemplate.epl in the same
>     directory as a test.pup.  When I request test.pup
>     it returns just the text generated by embperl, such
>     that it is not interpreted as HTML.  Any ideas?
>     I've tried it with different ESCMODE and OPTIONS
>     as well, with same results.
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     Nate Smith
>     nate@smith.net

"Why do so many otherwise intelligent people look for answers to serious
 questions in systems purely of their own devising, which are able to prove
 on their own terms that they don't even have them? Mathematics, logic,
 science: they're useful servants, but exceptionally bad masters."
                                           --Simon Cozens