perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Nate Smith <n...@thebackrow.net>
Subject EmbperlObject OBJECT_BASE question..
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 18:10:38 GMT

Hi,
  I saw your post :

  http://www.ecos.de/~mailarc/embperl/2001-07/msg00024.html

  where you suggested a fix for someone wanting a different OBJECT_BASE
  depending on the requested file's extension.  I am trying to solve the
  same problem, without any luck.

  My setup is as follows:

<Directory "/">
        <FilesMatch ".*\.html$">
                PerlSetVar Allow yes
		SetHandler perl-script
                PerlHandler HTML::EmbperlObject
                PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE template.epl
                PerlSetEnv PATH " "
                Options ExecCGI
        </FilesMatch>
        <FilesMatch ".*\.pup$">
                PerlSetVar Allow yes
		SetHandler perl-script
                PerlHandler HTML::EmbperlObject
                PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE ptemplate.epl
                PerlSetEnv PATH " "
                Options ExecCGI
        </FilesMatch>
	<FilesMatch ".*\.epl$">
		PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_ESCMODE 0
		PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OPTIONS 16
		Order allow,deny
		Allow From all
	</FilesMatch>
</Directory>

using apache 1.3.22
    + mod_perl 1.25
    + Embperl 1.3.4

    The 'pup' extension is for 'popup', i just wanted it
    to be distinct. I made my ptemplate.epl in the same
    directory as a test.pup.  When I request test.pup
    it returns just the text generated by embperl, such
    that it is not interpreted as HTML.  Any ideas?
    I've tried it with different ESCMODE and OPTIONS
    as well, with same results.

    Thanks,

    Nate Smith
    nate@smith.net