perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Kaare Rasmussen" <...@kakidata.dk>
Subject DBIx and aliases
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 07:33:32 GMT
Hi

Is it true that DBIx::Recordset doesn't support table and column aliases ?

SELECT cu.type AS custtype FROM customer cu;

I have 2½ problems with this:

1. I have to shuffle around in the resulting hash to get the names right. If
he same name occurs twice, I have to use FullNames, and then ALL field names
have to be translated.

2. I can't join the same table twice in the same query.

2½. The join and where clauses become where long.

Am I overlooking something, or is this true?

Howitzvej 75               Åben 12.00-18.00        Web:      www.suse.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        Lørdag 12.00-16.00       Email:kar@kakidata.dk