perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Kaare Rasmussen" <...@kakidata.dk>
Subject Persistent database connection
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 14:24:38 GMT
Hi

I wonder how it is possible to have database connections span several http
requests with Embperl.

It is not very efficient to reconnect to the same databases for every
request. So I imagine that there already exists a way to keep database
connections open between calls.

I will be using Alzabo (99% sure), but even if I use DBIx::Recordset or
plain DBI, the answer ought to be the same ?

This is a long term solution; I will be using Embperl 2 and mod_perl 2.
Please note if the answer is dependant on this.

Howitzvej 75               Åben 12.00-18.00        Web:      www.suse.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        Lørdag 12.00-16.00       Email:kar@kakidata.dk