perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Powers, Dean" <dpow...@conxion.net>
Subject [ -Execute ( ' * ' ) -] Doesn't Work!
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2002 19:14:14 GMT

Environment: apache_1.3.26 mod_perl_1.27 Embperl_2.0b8

Problem: In base.epl [ -Execute ( ' * ' ) -] doesn't display the originally
request file, such as content.html Instead it displays the notfound.html
message.

Interestingly [ -Execute ( ' content.html " ) -] DOES work.

So, everything works as expected, base.epl works find, the logo is picked up
form the subdirectory /mybookprices, etc. But according to the documentation
[ -Execute ( ' * ' ) -] is supposed to display the contents of the
originally requested file within base.epl. It will ONLY display if it is
explicitly requested.

Any help will be appreciated, I have spent tens of hours on this problem!
Also, the reason I have the directory structure set up is that I have seven
related domains (mybookprices.com, bookprices.com, lawbookprices.com, etc.)
and I want the "boilerplate" to come out of /usr/local/apache/htdocs and the
specialized content to come from the directory related to the domain. I just
can't seem to get the original requested file (which is in the same parent
directory as base.epl ) to display when executed by [ -Execute ( ' * ' ) -]

Directory Structure and files:

/usr/local/apache/htdocs
  -base.epl
  -content.html
  -privacy.html
  -about_us.html

/usr/local/apache/htdocs/mybookprices
  -title.html
  -logo.gif

httpd.conf:

PerlModule Embperl

<VirtualHost *>
                ServerName www.mybookprices.com
                ServerAdmin dpowers@priceobjects.com
                DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs/mybookprices
                DirectoryIndex index.html
                ErrorLog logs/error_log
                TransferLog logs/access_log
                EMBPERL_APPNAME mybookprices
                EMBPERL_SESSION_HANDLER_CLASS no
                EMBPERL_DEBUG 0
                EMBPERL_ESCMODE 0
                EMBPERL_OPTIONS 16
                EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE base.epl
                EMBPERL_OBJECT_FALLBACK notfound.html
                EMBPERL_OBJECT_ADDPATH /usr/local/apache/htdocs
                EMBPERL_OBJECT_STOPDIR /usr/local/apache/htdocs
        </VirtualHost>

        # Set EmbPerl handler for main directory
        <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/mybookprices/">
                <FilesMatch ".*\.html$">
                        SetHandler  perl-script
                        PerlHandler Embperl::Object
                        Options     ExecCGI
                </FilesMatch>

                <FilesMatch  ".*\.epl$">
                        SetHandler  perl-script
                        PerlHandler Embperl::Object
                        Options     ExecCGI
                </FilesMatch>
        </Directory>

      # Set EmbPerl handler for htdocs directory