perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: cookie-less sessions
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 08:24:25 GMT
> I am using cookie-less-sessions with Embperl-2.0b8. This works ok, but I
> always have sessions, even if I didn't use %udat. I am trying to have a
web
> site that doesn't use sessions until you log in, then uses sessions and
> if you logout it gets rid of the session again. This seems to work fine
with
> cookie-sessions, but using the URL-rewrite-method I always get the session
id
> rewriting, even if I didn't touch %udat at all.

Yes, because Embperl needs to know at the start of the page if it should
insert session ids or not.

If you know that you will don't need sessions (i.e. users is not logged in
and you will not use %udat in the page), just do a

[-
$r = shift ;
$r -> session_id = undef ;
-]

and no ids should be inserted in the page

Gerald