perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter - ecos gmbh" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: perl-5.8.0 and embperl-2.0b8/1.3.4
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 14:20:52 GMT
> >  >Is there any special with perl-5.8.0 and embperl-2.0b8?
> >

> >Perl 5.8.0 has changed some of it's internals, so Embperl 2.0b8 doesn't
work
> >correctly under 5.8.0.
> >
> >It's on top of my todo list and I can hopefully getting it working soon
>
> Are there any issues with 5.8.0 and Embperl 1.3.4?  I'm having
> trouble getting that going right now.

I guess it has the same problems as 2.0. I didn't have tried it so far. When
the 2.0 works with 5.8 and it is not to much work I will backport it to
1.3.4, but I can't tell you for now.

Gerald

P.S. In case you will ask this next: I cannot currently make any estimates
when this will be. I have looked at 2.0 and 5.8 but it isn't very easy to
fix. Some changes in the internals of Perl doesn't play well with Embperl
and I not figured out yet what it is. Addtionaly I have a project that has
to finish very soon, so I have not much time left at the moment for doing
Embperl developement :-( (this will hopefully change soon)