perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Wim Kerkhoff <...@nyetwork.org>
Subject RE: Building ssl/mod_perl/apache...
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2002 03:38:55 GMT
Kee Hinckley said on Thursday, September 05, 2002 5:28 PM:

> I've gone over the docs, but for some reason I've just never found
> anything that  just builds mod_ssl, mod_perl and apache all cleanly
> without overwriting each other's config file changes.  Maybe it's
> staring me in the face, but I'm at a loss.
>
> So finally I wrote a script.  Used it on one of my machines and it
> worked like a charm.  Tweaked it for the layout on a new machine
> and....
>
> I'm getting segfaults on mod_perl.  Everything else works just fine.

I'm not sure what you mean by things overwriting config file changes.
I've been using the build script below over many versions of
Apache/mod_perl/mod_ssl, and it never messes up my existing
configuration in /usr/local/apache/conf. (Note this script makes some
assumptions that the system it's being run on is Debian, but you get the
idea)

HTH......

#!/bin/sh

# check that openssl headers are installed
# check that mod_ssl, apache, and mod_perl are extracted
# works with multiple minor version numbers
#
# Wim Kerkhoff <wim@nyetwork.org>

if [ ! -d /usr/include/openssl ] ; then
        echo "/usr/include/openssl does not exist. run apt-get install
libssl-dev"
        exit 5
fi

cd mod_ssl-?.?.??-?.?.?? || exit 6
./configure --with-apache=`eval echo ../apache_1.3.??` || exit 6

cd ../mod_perl-1.??  || exit 7
perl Makefile.PL APACHE_SRC=`eval echo
../apache_1.3.??`../apache_1.3.??/src DO_HTTPD=1 \
                 USE_APACI=1 PREP_HTTPD=1 EVERYTHING=1
make  || exit 7
make install || exit 8

cd ../apache_1.3.?? || exit 8

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache \
        --enable-module=ssl --activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a
\
        --enable-module=perl || exit 9

make || exit 10
make certificate || exit 11