perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Kee Hinckley <naz...@somewhere.com>
Subject Re: make test fails on mac os x
Date Sat, 17 Aug 2002 02:31:53 GMT
At 7:33 PM -0400 8/16/02, Blake Girardot wrote:
>Thank you very much for the suggestion.
>
>I did as you said and went ahead and did make install and it all seemed to
>go ok, but then I did run into a 500 server error this when I tried to
>access it via embpcgi.pl.

Whoops.  Yes, that makes sense.  I've never used the CGI version, I
use it under mod_perl.  (I've been meaning to see if that works with
the standard Apache that ships on the machine--I've always configured
my own).

Run perl Makefile.PL and say no to mod_perl support.  Then make test
will work fine.  But it looks like if you build with mod_perl
support, the cgi version won't work.  I think it may be looking for
libperl.a in the wrong place (off in /Library/something or other).

--

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere.Com, LLC
http://consulting.somewhere.com/

everyone else's.