perl-embperl mailing list archives

From alliga...@puu.all.ee
Subject Redirecting with mod_perl2?
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:48:06 GMT
Hallo.

I've been away from Embperl quite a while, so I decided to try Apache2,
mod_perl 2.0 and Embperl 2.0b8.
Install went quite smoothly ( more or less ). Old code worked well too,
but one thing that didn't work was redirecting.

*snip*
use Apache;
use Apache::Constants qw(REDIRECT);
$req_rec->header_out("Location" => qq{url.epl?etcetc}});
$req_rec->status(REDIRECT);
*snip_end*
Now that doesn't work. Tried http_headers_out, but Opera warns with a
pop-up , that server wants to redirect and offered 3 options:repost the
form to a new redirected location,don't post to a new location and cancel
redirect.

How to please Opera? (btw, tried Netscape and Mozilla, and these were ok)
Damn, all browsers have some kind of user-friendly tweaks.

Sorry to bother you with these minor problems :)

Greetings,
Antti