perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Éderson Marcos Ferreira <ederso...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Need Help
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 11:43:48 GMT
Need HelpHi Hemali,

About yours questions, the EmbPerl is the best source code  for doing Session in Management,
because the code of an .epl is cached in Apache::Registry but using with mod_perl.

Firstly, you will be obligation do the download of some modules:

Mod_perl, for work with EmbPerl and the proper Embperl. In site of http://perl.apache.org
and http://perl.apache.org/embperl yonder of proper Perl.

Every the details of installation to be in files of modules. But the order of installation
of modules have that to be:
    1 - Mod_Perl;
    2 - EmbPerl (packages that his compose);

Éderson Marcos Ferreira
CPqD - Telecom & IT Solutiuons
Campinas - Saint Paul - Brazil
+55 19 37054183

----- Original Message -----
  From: Hemali Desai
  To: embperl@perl.apache.org
  Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 3:24 AM
  Subject: Need Help

  Hi,

     I am subscribed to the embperl mailing list.

  I have some questions.

  Is EmbPerl the best source for doing Session Management on linux/Unix servers using Apache
as Web or App Server.?
  Can EmbPerl be used with ActivePerl and Apache.

  My site is installed on Linux and uses Apache as App Server. I have to provide session management
and it's to be done using CGI/Perl. Can you let me know the best approach. Also details about
how to configure Embperl with apache and how to be done with Normal Perl.

  Please provide me the guidance to solve my above problem.

  Thanks,
  Hemali.