perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Hemali Desai <Hemali.De...@originindia.com>
Subject RE: Need Help
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 06:51:15 GMT
Hi,
   My requirement is I need to convert asp files into perl files. The site
has a module which is in asp and need to convert it into perl and with
session handling.

So i am not aware of whether with normal activerstate perl , is session
handling done..?

I just read about EmbPerl and was confused as to what needs to be done.

For my site i need to create tables and insert data into it. Also i need to
update the created tables and all these needs to be done in Perl and with
session handling. Need to get the inputs from user and validate it and then
store in table and based on that perform some more actions.
Also the configuation with apache , what is mentioned is site is also not
working. Can you please let me know what needs to be done in httpd.conf file
so that embperl works with apache. As of now when i introduced the
<Directory "C:/Apache/htdocs">
  <FilesMatch ".*\.html$">
   SetHandler perl-script
   PerlHandler HTML::EmbperlObject
   Options ExecCGI
  </FilesMatch>
  <FilesMatch ".*\.epl$">
   Order allow,deny
   Deny From all
  </FilesMatch>
</Directory>

following code in httpd.conf, when i start apache , it gives error Invalid
command PerlHandler, perhaps mis-spelled or defined by module not included
in server configuration

I installed Apache , installed mod-perl. I ran makefile.pl in the dir where
mod_perl was installed. But i could not run make and make install command.
It does not support these commands.

Can you let me know for session handling what all modules i need to install
and from where. Also can you tell me proper httpd_conf configurations. How
to test whether embperl is running on apache.

I have as of now mod_perl (mod_perl-1.27) installed in c:\mod_perl, apache
(1.3.26) in c:\apache and Perl installed in c:\Perl. Also in c:\apache\conf
, httpd_conf needs to be configured for session handling using embperl with
apache. No idea how to do that as whatever i did from the examples on site,
it's not working.

>From where to install Apache::Session or Html::Embperl::Session will do ?

Can you provide me with some examples of how to read data from user store it
in table and then perform some other action and ofcourse session handling is
required.

As of now lot of things i am getting but still not pretty sure as how the
flow will be and how to start so that i will be in the right direction.

Presently i am testing it on my local so OS is Windows. But likely that my
actual site will be on Linux. So if you can give the differences in setups
to be done , please do let me know.

Please let me the know the details if possible.

Thanks for your earlier help.

Regards,
Hemali.