perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Andre Landwehr <andre.landw...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: embperl 2 session management
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:12:10 GMT
On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 06:36:02PM +0200, Gerald Richter wrote:
> > I have Apache::SessionX installed and
> > Embperl_Session_Config "File Semaphore"
>
> You don't need this when you have made it the default during
> Apache::SessionX Makefile.PL run
>
> > as the only session configuration option now. File Semaphore is
> > also the only thing configured for Apache::SessionX. But a request to my
> > testpage hangs, and the embperl.log says the following, which
> > to me looks as if everything was ok with the request.
>
> It Compiles the page, but hangs during run.
>
> Seems like a problem with semaphores inside of Apache::Session. You may try
> to remove the semaphore with ipcrm so it gets recreated (you can view it
> with ipcs).

Well, exactly that seems to be the case. As soon as I kill the
semaphore with ipcrm the page is displayed correctly, even the
test counter $mdat{count} is incremented. The weird
thing is that the problem only exists when I use %mdat, no
problems at all with %udat (thankfully, for that is the one I use
most ;-))

Is the problem reproducable (File Semaphore locking was used) for
anybody? Does it happen with other storage mechanisms as well?

Andre

--
"The inside of a computer is as dumb as hell, but it goes like mad!"
(Physicist Richard Feynman)