perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Axel Beckert - ecos gmbh <beck...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: CGI.pm and Embperl
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 14:51:21 GMT
Hi Mauricio!

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 11:18:34AM -0300, masilva3 wrote:
> I did an program that uses CGI.pm, but when i put
> [- use CGI; $query = new CGI(); -]
> [+ $query->br +],
> it not working, sending to the browser the string "<br \>"

Sure, it's not '<br />'? That would be correct XHTML 1.0...

> Can i use CGI.pm on embperl ?

Generally yes. But you perhaps should take a look on Embperl's
$escmode variable, if you have problems with CGI.pm's
$cgi->some_html_tag feature or any other CGI feature generating output
for the browser, because Embperl's default escaping make brake these
features.

BTW: Emperl uses CGI.pm internally... :-)

            Kind regards, Axel Beckert
Axel Beckert      ecos electronic communication services gmbh

E-Mail:     beckert@ecos.de         Voice:    +49 6133 926530
WWW:        http://www.ecos.de/     Fax:      +49 6133 925152