perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Andre Landwehr <andre.landw...@gmx.net>
Subject embperl 2 make test, session management
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 08:05:42 GMT
Hi everybody,
after a long period of Java hacking I'm back at Embperl for a
while now and I thought I try Embperl 2.0b8 now. One
problem seems to be "make test", maybe a minor problem.
But first of all the configuration of my machine:
- Debian (sid) Linux
- apache 1.3.26
- mod-perl 1.26
- libxml 2.4.23
- libxslt 1.0.18
- Embperl 2.0b8
- Apache::Session 1.54
- Digest::MD5 2.13

Compilation of Embperl is successfull, but make test fails with
#207 pod/pod.asc libxslt...
Error in Line 3
Is:     > <head><
Should: ><head><

Everything before was ok. Since this looks like a minor error
for me I did make install anyways. The next problem I encountered
was session management. When starting Apache the expected message
about "Embperl Session Management started" did not appear.
My most simple test page consisting mainly of
udat counter: [+ $udat{usercounter}++ +]<br>
mdat counter: [+ $mdat{pagecounter}++ +]<br>
does not set a cookie.
Now, what's my mistake? ;-)

httpd.conf:
AddType text/html;charset=ISO-8859-15 .epl
AddType text/html;charset=ISO-8859-15 .epo
PerlModule MD5
PerlModule Embperl
PerlModule Apache::DBI
Embperl_Debug 7888893
Embperl_Escmode 0
Embperl_Options 16914
Embperl_Session_Classes "File Semaphore"
Embperl_Session_Args "Directory=/tmp"
Embperl_Cookie_Domain "ub40.nmt.bertelsmann.de"
Embperl_Cookie_Path "/"
<Files *.epo>
  Embperl_Object_Base _base.epo
  Embperl_Object_App myapp
  SetHandler  perl-script
  PerlHandler Embperl::Object
  Options     ExecCGI
</Files>

Andre

--
"The inside of a computer is as dumb as hell, but it goes like mad!"
(Physicist Richard Feynman)