perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro" <listas_embp...@athome.pro.br>
Subject Re: Need Help
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 12:20:20 GMT
Hi Hemali,

Resposta a sua mensagem de sexta-feira, 2 de agosto de 2002:

Hemali> Hi,

Hemali>    I am subscribed to the embperl mailing list.

Hemali> I have some questions.

Hemali> Is EmbPerl the best source for doing Session Management on linux/Unix
Hemali> servers using Apache as Web or App Server.?
Hemali> Can EmbPerl be used with ActivePerl and Apache.

If you are looking just for a Session management system you should
look at other solutions since for plain CGI/Perl you will not be
using all the cool features Embperl provides and under CGI Embperl
will cause a big overhead on the server.

I would recommend you the mod_perl/EmbperlObject solution as the
framework to build your application but if you need just a way to
do some simple Session management for CGI apps you should look in CPAN
here:
http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/CGI/

Embperl is a very powerful solution but requires full access to the
the server to be installed.

In case you can't find any suitable module for your needs in CPAN I
have a simple module for CGI session management that I can send you.

Maybe you should explain your needs better...

Good luck,

Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro
Engenho Soluções para a Internet
luiz@engenhosolucoes.com.br