perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Aaron Johnson <solut...@gina.net>
Subject Re: Need Help
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 22:41:46 GMT
On Windows it is possible to use the PPM utility and get the modules
mentioned from:

http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/

See the documentation for PPM that comes with Perl for Win32 from
ActiveState for more information on how to define which repository to
request modules from.

Aaron

On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 09:18, Éderson Marcos Ferreira wrote:
> RE: Need HelpYes, you need install Apache::Session and Apache Registry.
> But see that when you install the Mod_Perl the Apache::Registry is at once install.
>
> About the details, exist some well deitalled in sites that his pass.
> May be the very important is the configuration do Mod_perl and EmbPerl.
>
> * - For the installation of Mod_perl you necessity do download of file in http://perl.apache.org/download/index.html
and select the version 1.27 that is the very appropriate.

> * - After of download e after of descompact you module install of follow form:
>     --- $ perl Makefile.PL
>     --- $ make
>     --- $ make install
>     --- (for more details read the files README and INSTALL)
>     --- this is the installation of Mod_Perl.
>
> * - For the use with EmbPerl you will have install the Apache, Perl and Mod_Perl that
it's necessary for your work.

> *  -The EmbPerl is compost by a serie de packages all of which need installing.
>         --- the packages are:
>              + Apache-Session_1.54.tar.gz
>              + Apache-SessionX_2.00b3.tar.gz
>              + Bundle-libnet-1.00.tar.gz
>              + Apache-Session_1.54.tar.gz
>              + For the manipulation of databases is necessary the installation of the
modules: DBI-1.30.tar.gz, DBD_Oracle-1.12.tar.gz and Apache-DBI-0.89.tar.gz.
>              + Digest-MD5-2.20.tar.gz
>              + HTML-EmbPerl-1.34.tar.gz(that will need is install by finishid, after
of all the packages)
>              + HTML-Parser-3.26.tar.gz
>              + HTML-TagSet-3.03.tar.gz
>              + MD5-2.02.tar.gz
>              + MIME-Base64-2.12.tar.gz
>              + Storable-2.04.tar.gz
>              + Test-Simple-0.46.tar.gz
>              + URI-1.20.tar.gz
>              + Libnet-1.12.tar.gz
>              + Libwww-perl-5.65.tar.gz
> * - Now is his descompact and his installling. (Note that all are installing likewise)
>              + $ perl Makefile.PL
>              + $ make
>              + $ make test (optional)
>              + $ make install
>
> * Now in Apache is necessary add this:
> #
> #
> #
> ## Session for mod_perl
> #
> #
>
> Alias /perl/ "/home/httpd/mod_perl/"
> PerlModule Apache::Registry
> <Location /perl>
>    SetHandler perl-script
>    PerlHandler Apache::Registry
>    Options ExecCGI
>    PerlSendHeader Off
>    PerlSetVar ReloadAll On
>    Allow from all
> </Location>
>

> #
> #
> #
> ## Session for embperl
> #
> #
> SetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG 2285
>

> Alias /embperl /home/httpd/htdocs/embperl/
>
> <Location /embperl>
> SetHandler  perl-script
> PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
> Options     ExecCGI
> </Location>
>
> * - And finally restart the Apache.

provide proper details i mean step by step how it can be done.

>   As i saw from some site but still not clear about the flow. As it does not give clearly
the necessary things.
>   I also have to work with databases, insert data into tables and creation and updation
of tables. Main is session handling.

>   what about the access to the databases. what package needs to be installed for that.

>   As per your mail , two things required is EmbPerl and mod_perl. Apart from this what
all modules are needed. Please specify.

>   Thanks,
>   Hemali.

Management, because the code of an .epl is cached in Apache::Registry but using with mod_perl.

and <http://perl.apache.org/embperl> yonder of proper Perl.

>     Every the details of installation to be in files of modules. But the order of installation
of modules have that to be:
>         1 - Mod_Perl;
>         2 - EmbPerl (packages that his compose);
>
>     #########################################
>     Éderson Marcos Ferreira
>     CPqD - Telecom & IT Solutiuons
>     Campinas - Saint Paul - Brazil
>     +55 19 37054183

Apache as Web or App Server.?
>       Can EmbPerl be used with ActivePerl and Apache.
>
>       My site is installed on Linux and uses Apache as App Server. I have to provide
session management and it's to be done using CGI/Perl. Can you let me know the best approach.
Also details about how to configure Embperl with apache and how to be done with Normal Perl.