perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: CGI.pm and Embperl
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 06:54:22 GMT
> > I did an program that uses CGI.pm, but when i put
> > [- use CGI; $query = new CGI(); -]
> > [+ $query->br +],
> > it not working, sending to the browser the string "<br \>"

Why do you want to use CGI.pm for generating a br tag? Just wrting <br />
does the job much more easily. In case you really need to do it trun of
escaping:

[+ do { local $escmode = 0 ; $query->br } +],

> BTW: Emperl uses CGI.pm internally... :-)

Embperl does _not_ use CGI.pm internaly. The only exception is when you do a
file upload, i.e. CGI.pm is only used for handling multipart formdata

Gerald