perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: use lib in EmbperlObject
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2002 09:27:09 GMT
> >> On a related topic.  If I do a "use somelibrary" in a template, and
> >> it imports some functions into the name space, it would be nice to be
> >> able to use them in the files that are using that template.
> >
> > Because of the different namespaces of those files this won't work,
sorry.

> Isn't this what EMBPERL_PACKAGE is for, so we can do this?

With this you can force them to be in the same namespace, but this leads to
other problems like more memory usage.

> Alternatively, what would be the effect of having the
> EMBPERL_OBJECT_HANDLER_CLASS package do all the 'use' commands (oh,
> wait, that's not in a template.)

You may use the EMBPERL_OBJECT_HANDLER_CLASS and make a smal wrapper around
the functions you need and then call them via
[-
$r = shift ;
$r -> myfunc() ;
-]

or you directly implement them in the class you set with
EMBPERL_OBJECT_HANDLER_CLASS.

Gerald