perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: Embperl-2.0b8 httpd Segmentation Faults. Unclosed tags?
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 04:39:37 GMT
> So, of course I should move to XHTML as a good
> practice, but is the unclosed tag thing something that
> could cause Embperl to go nuts in 2.0b8?

Embperl doesn't care about if you close your tags or not. The only exception
are table tags that are used for build dynamic tables, but it will not crash
if you miss a </tr> or </table>, but tell you that there is a mismatch.

> I discovered that the segfaults are related to DBI.
> Given:
>
> # DBI is already loaded.
> $dbh = ...
> $sth = $dbh->prepare(...);
> $sth->execute();
>
> And the above is a successful query leaving me a
> handle with stuff to do.  If I do this:
>
>     while ($h = $sth->fetchrow_hashref()) {
>         #do stuff
>     }
>
> within the same block, it works fine.
>
> But, if I do this:
>
>     [$ while ($h = $sth->fetchrow_hashref()) $]
>        [# do stuff #]
>     [$ endwhile $]
>
> It segfaults the httpd instance.  I'm using namespaces
> as prescribed, I think.  What gives?  Any ideas?

Mmmh, Embperl 2 should generate the same Perl code for both of these
examples. Maybe it's related to the "do stuff" part? If you not already done
so please make that part very simple, for example just a $i++ . Does it
still crash?

If yes it would to very helpfull to get a stackbacktrace from gdb.

Gerald