perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: Cookieless Session Management
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 06:30:21 GMT
Hi,

I just have tested the session mangement without cookies and it works for
me. Please try in the Embperl directory to run

make test

and then request

http://localhost:8531/embperl/uidurl/seturlsess.htm

You should see three links at the bottom of the page, each should have a id
included and look like the following:

http://localhost:8531/embperl/uidurl/cont.htm?EMBPERL_UID=:b05f07067e67fc110
33efa5fd440acb5

Does it?

> Here is what I have found... I went back and ran make test on Embperl.
> Most, but not all, of the mod_perl tests fail with the message "ERR:EOF
> instead of reponse status line".

Mmh, that doesn't sound good...

Please run

make test TESTARGS="-h"

and send me the test/tmp/httpd.err.log and test/tmp/test.log

> It still remains that cookie based session management does seem to work

I am sure we get it working, but first we should get make test working, to
be sure your environment is correctly setup.

> BTW, I do think Embperl is a VERY cool thing.  I was considering
> learning JSP, which still may happen just for marketability, and found
> Embperl instead.  I have been a Perl nut for a few years now, and really
> am impressed with what has become of Embperl.

:-)

Gerald