perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter - ecos gmbh" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: embperl 2 session management
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:53:32 GMT
>> [+ $mdat{cnt}++ +]
>>
>> Does it work or do you get the same problems?
>Ah, ok, that works. But the problem returns as soon as I have
>both udat and mdat in the page. Maybe it is Apache::Session or
>Apache::SessionX getting confused about having two session id's for
>one page and only one semaphore for it or something like that?

Apache::Session uses a hash function to select a semaphore out of a array.
It may cause the the deadlock if both %udat and %mdat use the same one. If I
have it right in mind per default we have 32 semaphores, to which all ids
are mapped.

I will checkout this more in detail, but have to do some other stuff first

Gerald