perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "James Ponder" <james.pon...@db.com>
Subject Re: returning lists from subroutines
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 10:38:40 GMT

Oh right, I didn't realise that.

The only reason I'm using Embperl subroutines is that I want to import a bunch of common routines,
like so:

  Execute ({ inputfile => 'share.epl', import => 1 });

However this didn't import perl subroutines, so I switched over to Embperl subroutines instead.

Is there a better solution?

Best wishes, James
--
James Ponder

                      "Gerald Richter"

                      <richter@ecos.de>        To:       <embperl@perl.apache.org>,
James Ponder/DMGIT/DMG UK/DeuBa@DMG UK
                                               cc:

                      09/07/2002 20:05         Subject:  Re: returning lists from subroutines

Hi,

> Whatever context this subroutine is called in, the return statement is
always evaluated in scalar context, so if I called this with:

That's true. I think I should fix it and make behave it like in Perl.

BTW. 1.3.4 isn't able to return values from subs at all (only as parametrer
per reference) and when I designed 2.0 I wanted to change this, but didn't
have done any test on it so far. So it more suprising that it works at all
:-)

I put it on the TODO list, so we get correctly working return args for the
next release

Gerald

in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.