perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "John Almberg" <jalmb...@identry.com>
Subject RE: problems running embpexec.pl
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 16:27:50 GMT
Wow! I finally got it working. A huge investment of time, but I learned a
whole lot about Perl and Linux that I didn't know before.

I've got load of experience as a Unix programmer (started out on a VAX, if
you remember what those were!) but have always had an administrator to take
care of things like loading software. The few times I've had to do this I
had root privileges, so it was a snap. This was quite a different matter!

Anyway, the key was realizing that I had an up-to-date version of Perl on
the machine, but had to invoke it with perl5, not Perl. Once I figure that
out, the rest of the installation was fairly straight forward (by then, I'd
already figured out how to build the proper makefile and set up PATH and
PERL5LIB.)

Whew! I was starting to think I'd never get it.

Thanks for everyone's help.

-- John