perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Michael Smith <...@iii.co.uk>
Subject weird escmode behaviour
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2002 11:40:28 GMT
Hi there,

I wonder if anyone (well, Gerald probably) could explain this unexpected
behaviour when I run embperl in two slighly different ways:

I have in my environment EMBPERL_ESCMODE=0.  When I run "embpexec.pl
escmode.epl" (where escmode.epl just outputs $escmode), I can see that
escmode is set to 0.

However when I run escmode.pl where escmode.pl is the following perl script.

--
#!/usr/local/bin/perl

use HTML::Embperl;
HTML::Embperl::Execute("/export/home/mjs/bin/escmode.epl");
--

escmode.epl tells me that $escmode is set to 3.  Shouldn't it still be set
to 0?

I think you should find that this behavious can easily be replicated.

Thanks

Mike

Interactive Investor Trading Limited trading as
"Ample" is an independent intermediary regulated by
the Financial Services Authority. Registered in
England with registered office at 142 Holborn, London
EC1N 2NQ and Company Registration Number 3699618. A
member of the AMP Group. We may record and/or monitor
telephone calls or intercept other telecommunications
between us. This is to protect both of us and for
training purposes.

The information in this email is confidential and may
be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the
addressee and access to this email by anyone else is
unauthorised. If this email has come to you in error
you must not read or forward the email to anyone,
please reply to this email and highlight the error.
Although this message and any attachments are believed
to be free of any virus or other defect that might
affect any computer system into which it is received
and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient
to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility
is accepted by Interactive Investor Trading Limited
for any loss or damage in any way arising from its
use.