perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: docs improvements (was: %fdat and 0-length values)
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 09:09:08 GMT

> I think cross-referencing your options from where they might be needed in
the documentation would be really nice, half the times I've emailed the list
with a problem the solution has been hidden away in some variable somewhere.
It may be obvious to you, but it certainly isn't for me, and probably not
for most of your users :)

That's 100% true. The problem is maintianing the docs is a very time
consuming job and I know that it could be done better then it is now. It has
grown over the years and is surely far away from perfect. Also only some of
the parts are updated for Embperl 2. To make it better I need the help from
all the users, since I don't have enough time to make all the things on my
own. The best thing is, when you find such a place where you find something
to needs to get improved, send me a patch a against the POD files (from
which the html on the embperl site is generated) and I apply it

Gerald