perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: Cookieless Session Management
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2002 23:13:05 GMT
Sean and Justin,

> I've done:
>
> EMBPERL_SESSION_MODE 2
>
> Do I need to do something special other
> than that?

Session management must be working at all. That means Apache::Session and
Apache::SessionX should be installed. If cookie based session management is
working, then everything should be ok. To verfiy this further run

make test

and make sure that session mangement test are ok (and are not skiped).

If all this is given setting the session mode to 2 should be enough.

Cookieless session management is a very new feature and not widely used,so
maybe there is still a bug in Embperl, but I am sure we will figure out
what's going wrong.

Gerald

P.S. I am currently on the O'Reilly OpenSource Convention, so I cannot test
it right now.