perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: cgi and sessions
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2001 15:06:05 GMT

> I have a CGI forum that uses cookies to authenticate user.
> Now I wish to add some embperl pages that authenticate with %udat.
> I wish to change the CGI forum authentication method to embperl %udat like
> auth. method.
>
> How can I create, read, modify embperl session data from my CGI scripts?
> What is the best way to do it?

Embperl uses Apache::SessionX for storage (HTML::Embperl::Session before
1.3.4, but there is only a small difference). You can use this module in
your CGI scripts too, to access the session data. You need to pass the same
setup parameters to Apache::SessionX and the session id.

You can take a look at Embperl.pm. Session initialization takes place around
line 380 and the setup for each request in SetupSession function.

Gerald