perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Neil Gunton <n...@nilspace.com>
Subject Re: XMLParser error in embperl XML call.
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2001 01:12:37 GMT
> I'm using the XPath module in an embperl page and having trouble trying to
> make a call to the method findnodes on an XPath object. The call dies
> only when run under embperl (w/mod_perl). The exact place of failure is
> at:
>
> XML::XPath::XMLParser::parse at the return call where XML::Parser::parse
> is called.
>
> I can provide a sample file if someone would like to see the behavior,
> otherwise any suggestions to how to resolve this will be appreciated.

I had a problem using SOAP::Lite from mod_perl. It turned out to be a problem
with a conflict in Expat and the symbol tables in apache. You need to rebuild
apache, making the rule 'EXPAT=no' in src/Configuration.
See also http://archive.covalent.net/modperl/2000/04/0185.xml.

When I rebuilt apache, the problem went away. It is related to expat, which
XMLParser is calling.

It's not clear to me if this is a problem that will be fixed soon or not, but it
is a workaround in the meantime.

Hope this helps...

-Neil