perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: Module reload (was: development?)
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2001 18:37:04 GMT
> Anyway, I have just begun, and have found that as I modify packages, I
> am having to restart apache.  I assume this is mod_perl compiling the
> package in.  Is there any thing I can do to force a reload of the
> modules without restarting apache during development?

See the FAQ
(http://perl.apache.org/embperl/Faq.pod.2.html#When_I_use_a_module_inside_a_
Emb) for a describtion how modules are handled in mod_perl/Embperl . Instead
of Apache::StatInc, which is mentioned in this FAQ, it would better to use
Apache::Reload (as somebody already answered to you), which is newer and has
some more possibilites.

Gerald